Knowledge Moblisation and engaging with Parliament
The UK Parliament has launched a decicated webpage for researchers aiming to showcase their work to parliamentarians. Here are some useful links with more information on how you can engage with UK policy makers.
- Here is a page of 'how to' guides from the UK Parliament, including:
- Infographics on research impact at the UK Parliament and getting research into Parliament
- Guidance on submitting evidence to a select committee.
- Tips on writing a policy brief
- Here is the "what shall I do next" webpage to help researchers think through the steps in engaging with the UK Parliament.
- Here is the A-Z list of all UK Parliament select committees.
- Here are all current open calls for evidence from UK Parliament select committees.
- Here is a full list of UK Parliament All Party Parliamentary Groups . (Click on ‘Registers published in 2020’ and then the most recent register)
- Here is the POST website, including upcoming briefing topics, newsletter sign up and contact details for specialists.
- Here is more information on academic fellowships from the UK Parliament. (This includes PhD fellowships and those for academics later in their career)
- Here is where you can sign up for email alerts on topics which you choose. (This will include select committee inquiries and other opportunities/news)
- If you are interested in engaging with Parliament around the COVID-19 outbreak and its impacts, please see the COVID-19 researcher engagement webpage outlining the most targeted, impactful ways that researchers can engage at the moment.